BEFORE & AFTERCARE
Preparing For Your Appointment
Carefully read the pre-appointment restrictions outlined below and please follow them. The following restrictions are to ensure that your skin is in the best-possible condition for your appointment:
2 MONTHS PRIOR
– NO chemical peels 60 days prior (nor 60 days after) – brows peel quicker due to chemicals traveling under the skin.
4 WEEKS PRIOR
– NO botox or other fillers.
– NO chemical peels or exfoliating acids.
– NO retinoids (Retinol, Retin-A, or other anti-aging/acne products and creams) – they fade permanent makeup prematurely.
– NO laser treatments.
– NO eyebrow growth serums 30 days prior to your procedure.
2 WEEKS PRIOR
– NO tanning nor spray tanning – helps to assess your natural skin tone.
– DO NOT expose your skin to heavy sunlight – you do not want to get sunburned, your skin should not be in the process of healing before the procedure.
– DO NOT tint or remove eyebrow hair (pluck, thread, wax, etc) – these can irritate the skin and trigger the skin-healing process.
– DO NOT apply any serum containing acid.
48 HOURS PRIOR
– DO NOT take blood thinners: Aspirin, Ibuprofen, fish oil, Niacin, Vitamin E, nor Omega-3 unless medically necessary.
**Tylenol and Acetaminophen are okay!
24 HOURS PRIOR
– DO NOT drink alcohol
– DO NOT drink coffee or anything with caffeine
DAY OF APPOINTMENT
– DO NOT work out **avoid sweating
– AVOID increasing blood flow
Please read and follow the aftercare instructions (outlined below) carefully. They are very important to ensure the longevity and appearance of your new permanent makeup (PMU). These aftercare instructions also apply to Removals:
After the procedure, gently wash your eyebrows with mild soap, pat them dry, and apply ointment every 2 hours.
Apply thin layer of ointment 3 times a day.
A new set of brows or lips take two appointments to complete (initial appointment + touch up). After your initial touch up, we recommend a yearly touch up to maintain the integrity of your brows. That being said, different skins types and maturity fade differently and at different rates. That is why we offer different touch-up schedules: